Wednesday, October 25, 2006

First time I ever sent back a Guinness

For the last couple of weeks, I had been taking care of a black kitten fittingly named Guinness. Last night I returned her to her rightful owners, Jon and Jessica, who had been in the process of moving into a new apartment. What did I learn from this experience?

  1. Kittens have an infinite supply of energy. This thing was always tearing around the house, chasing stuff that didn't even have to exist;
  2. While I was considering getting a more laid back full-grown cat, my allergies are telling me "oh no you don't";
  3. My apathy towards Guinness while she was pitifully "mewing" outside my bedroom door is indicative that I would be a terrible father. But then, those who know me and my penchant for dead-baby and child-molester jokes could have told me that.

In other news, my back is stilled fucked. Yesterday was hell. Today, not so bad, but I can see that the road to recovery is going to be a long one indeed. I can't wait for Friday's physio session with the interferential machine again... huhuhuhuhuhh... I love that thing sooooo much....

Oh, and the wood stove saga is drawing to a close. I have the thing very conveniently located smack-dab in the middle of my living room. They were supposed to come by and do the chimney work today, but it's windy enough out on the ground, let alone on top of a three-storey house. Soon, though, soon...

Two posts in one day. Enjoy it while it lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home