Thursday, October 26, 2006

Let's see if this works...

I've noticed that a few of my friends have used their blogs as a way of achieving a goal. If the goal is posted in a public, then there seems to be more motivation to attain it. For example, my buddy Andrew had an overwhelming success in achieving a weight goal last year.

So what's my goal? It's actually a collection of small projects that I want to do around the house. I've been "meaning" to do these for about half a year now, but I usually found myself at the Georgetown Pub, or otherwise inebriated. I'll post 'em as I get 'em done, along with any pointers I came across.

Anyways, some early results:

Make Circular Saw Guide

This was pretty easy, but I foresee it being pretty handy, too. Cut a 2' long, 3" strip of 1/4" MDF/plywood, and face-nail one end of it perpendicularly to the centre of a footlong piece of 1x4 pine using 2d nails. Using the factory edge of the strip of MDF as a guide, cut off the pine with your circular saw. Now you have a guide that's custom built to your saw. Line up the cut edge of the pine with whatever mark you have on whichever piece of lumber, and cut using the MDF as the guide. The cut should be straight and square.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home