Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Of Getting Older (pt. 30)

So it's happened: I've turned 30. But I actually feel healthier than when I was last in my 20's, since I just overcame a flu. HaHA!

Let's see... a recap of the last two weeks:

We had tickets to beer fest on Saturday night (March 28), but that didn't stop some of us from heading out on Friday night as well. Myself, Ginny, and Jon met up at Christians for a few pitchers. That night got a wee bit crazy, thanks to some random guests who showed up at our table: some the good kind of crazy, one who was definitely the bad kind of crazy. Jon did an admirable job of summarizing the encounters here.

The beer fest went largely as intended. The selection was a bit disappointing, but that didn't really matter. Pounded back a pile of beer, but failed to partake of the free food there. The thought process at the time was "More food will mean less beer"... which in retrospect would have been the sensible approach. I wasn't too bad until we got to Christians (tempting fate?), but then the 3-4 screeches did me in...

Work has relaxed considerably as of March 31. I'm down to one project now, at least until the suspended one resumes (still don't know when that will be). So I'm loving it. The stress of the days prior to the end of fiscal caught up with me in a big way last Wednesday -- I came down with some kind of jungle flu which put me out of commission for three solid days. Thankfully I recovered in time to take in Ginny's deferred second half of her birthday celebrations -- a night of sucking down pints at the Duke, what could be better?

Indeed, nothing came to mind, because I did the same thing last night as an impromput "day-of" birthday celebration for myself. :) The big part will come this Friday, when we do a pub crawl... should be a hoot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home