Monday, October 30, 2006

Anything can happen out of the blue

Friday night started off with cheap drinks at a folklore mixer I found myself at. From there we got some food, scarfed it down at my place, had a belt of absinthe, and then headed to some Hallowe'en party on Freshwater Road somewhere. It was good times, but the beer was making me logy so I took off.

Pretty eventful walk home. Most of my neighbours and acquaintances are aware of a bat-shit crazy lady who lives up the road from me. That night, I totally broke into her house.

Now, the cause was noble... I ran into her on the way back, thinking "Great, she's gonna yell at me." (cuz she always does). But she had locked herself out of her house and needed help. There was a ladder in the back yard that I had to climb to get to the second floor window, open it up, find my way down in the pitch dark, and open the door for her. Given my temulency, this could have ended a lot more disastrously.

Still pretty fucked up though. She seemed grateful, so maybe next time she won't yell at me.

Saturday night was a medley of Hallowe'en parties. Started with the folks across the road. I felt bad that I didn't have a costume, but as fate would have it, they had a veritable tickle trunk. I found myself with a sequined cowboy hat, Hawaiian shirt, and looking a lot like Kid Rock.

Thence we headed to my cousin's place, one road over. As it turns out, she's renting a house that I was considering buying back in the day. Pretty wild. I remember a lot of dancing and hula hooping. Not on my part though, owing to my bad back, two left feet, and lack of hips.

Finally we wound up at some place on Gower. I don't remember much from there, apart from a bunch of cats and the house itself being gorgeous. Afterwards we headed to Rustler's cuz the Hearth was inaccessible.

Oh, and in amidst the revelry this weekend,

Attach long handrail
Assemble living room chair

The latter was done after getting home Saturday night. Sit at your own peril.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home