Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Stupid rain...

I've been waiting for a two day stint of no rain so that I can get the rest of my firewood in the shed. In two weeks, that hasn't really happened... and doesn't look like it's going to any time soon. Bad enough that the sun doesn't rise until well after 7:00, but when you're greeted with yet another gray and showery day, it doesn't give ya a lot of oomph. Can't complain too much, I guess, since before that two weeks, it was pretty nice out.

Cat for Lease

I took care of Jenn's cat for a couple of weeks. This is the second October in a row I've cat-sat. But this one was a lot mellower (being 10+ years older than Guinness), and for whatever reason, I seemed less allergic to him. I was kinda hoping that he would gruesomely kill the mouse, but so far I haven't found any corpses. Being declawed probably diminishes his effectiveness as a predator.

Anyways, the whole thing has got me thinking that I could probably own a cat at some point down the road, at the modest sacrifice of lung capacity.

Ethical?

I wrote my law and ethics exam yesterday. I'm comforted (somewhat) that others found it as unsettling as I did. Now I get to wait "6-8 weeks" to see if I'm ethical. But I already know the answer to that...

Rye and more Georgetown Shenanigans

I'm happy to have rediscovered the joys of rye, after cashing in a bunch of NLC gift certificates for a pile of Crown Royal. I'm also pleased to say that we have a couple of new recruits for GTP Saturday nights. Gonna cool it for a little while, until Wine Fest. That's gonna be a gong show of a day and night...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiffa said...

Hey Dave! I hear you about the days getting darker. Here it starts to get non-black at 8 am now. Ugh. Anyways, glad to hear life goes on and GTP is still rocking without me. lol. Keep in touch!

12:23 p.m.  
Blogger Dave Green said...

Yes, I can imagine what it's like in North-ish Alberta. In Oslo, the sun rose well after I got to work.

The GTP certainly misses you, Tiff, but we're still representin'!

10:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home