Monday, July 30, 2007

I've got to stop this self-destructive lifestyle

Summer months are hard on my body. Here's a recap of my boozin' adventures for July.


  1. Jon's b-day (July 8)
    A birthday BBQ is a good opportunity. Started at around 2 in the afternoon. It was good times: pretty decent turnout, awesome food. Then around midnight we decided to head to Kooler's on Ropewalk. Didn't last too long, as we were pretty lethargic at that point.
  2. J&D's wedding (July 13)
    The first of my busy wedding season, this one was a blast. Lovely service -- Min's musical acquaintances provide a nice touch. The reception was fantastic. I was kind of worried, since my supervisor was present, that I'd have to tone it back. But he left at around 9:30, and not only that, left me his drink tickets! Got my drink on, and once again, was a social liability on the dance floor. Most of the screech and cokes made it to my mouth, but some landed on said floor.
  3. J&L's going away party (July 14)
    A pimps & ho's theme at this shindig, and most of the attendees were all in for it. J&L had to empty out their liquor cabinet, so being the tremendous friend I am, I helped out. I remember grabbing bottles at random, and speaking out loud the ingredients in a Mr. Burns voice as I added shot after shot to the glass. I also had my first cigar there. Good the night of, but lousy the morning after. Another highlight involved wanting to hit the GTP at 1:30, and Don calling Brian and telling him to "hang on, we're coming".
  4. Mike's wedding (July 21)
    Went out to Gander for this one, which was cool, since I got the opportunity to check out B&M's digs there before they depart for Ottawa. They also put me up for the night (mad props to you, B&M!). The wedding was good stuff, and I managed to catch up with some old friends. After the reception, we headed to Legends for a few more drinks. Gander gets rowdy later in the evening. I think fatigue was more a factor than drunkeness in ending the night, but still good times.
  5. Milley's stag (July 27)
    What a gong show. Started at my place where I put my recently acquired BBQ to good use. Tossed back a few (lot of) brews and chewed the fat for a while, then Milley had the great idea to share his scotch. After this glass full of wonderful, tasty, smooth-as-silk scotch, I was pretty hammered. Smoked a cigar, then headed to the peelers. It was a good show. Pretty pickled in the morning; but I pulled through, and...
  6. Random karaoke (July 28)
    Made it to the Georgetown with Tiff and her crew, after talking about it for several weeks. The place was hopping, and there was (and I mean this seriously) a lot of good singing that night! We rocked out until the place shut down. And I think we made some believers...

Yeah, so 6 times in 22 days I've gotten bombed. And there's Kelly's and J&J's wedding this weekend, where I'm likely, nay expected, to be a drunken boob again.

Huzzah for summer!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiffa said...

There's nothing wrong with it and yes, they are definetly believers :)

3:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe in the Georgetown Pub, and if someone says otherwise... KER-SMASH!!!... I'll but them with some jockey!

I'll be on the East Coast on Wednesday... let's get together for a pint or two.

~Paul

10:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goddamn speed typing! I'll cut them... CUT them

10:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home