Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy St. George's Day!

Good, that will suffice for a title. Guess I'll do a point form recap.

Curling
My office went curling last Friday as a social event. Ginny had never been, and had expressed curiosity, so I invited her along. She provided a recap of the events on her blog, so I shan't duplicate here. Suffice it to say, it was a little more dangerous than the participants were banking on.

Chinese Buffets & Food Processors
...are apparently good ways to kill a Saturday. Ginny and I headed to the Bird's Nest on Stavanger for their buffet, and I think we got our money's worth. Afterwards, we headed to Canadian Tire, as I had heard that food processors were on sale. Both of us walked out with new appliances, though I still haven't tried mine yet...

Feeling Saucy
I made a brown stock on Saturday night. I now feel comfortable in letting it simmer overnight for the 10-12 hours necessary. Afterwards, in a fit of ambition, I made an espagnole sauce from it, which required another 4-6 hours of simmering. And then last night, I made a demi-glace sauce from both of them, which 'only' required about an hour of simmering. It damn-well better be good, since it required 15-20 hours to make. I hope to try it out on a chicken dish either tonight or tomorrow night.

French choir
This has been taking up a lot of time lately: practice on Sunday, Monday, and tonight, and then a performance on Saturday. For the performance, I'll have to bring my own keyboard -- times are tough ;)

Refund!
Got my tax refund today. Woo! That should pay for my professional dues, if I ever get my...

P. Eng
So I found out that one of my references did not send in the required form. Apparently he either didn't receive it, or misplaced it. So there's a set amount of bullshit; how it's divided between PEG-NL and the reference is the only question. Another form is on the way to him, and it's my (faint) hope that it'll be returned in time for the next Council meeting on Monday. Even if this long shot comes through, I'm informed that there may not be a quorum. These meetings are of great importance to the attending members, I see.

I'm very glad that I followed up on this. As registration is a "performance objective," I'm rather anxious to get this put to bed before my next review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home