Monday, June 16, 2008

Lobster & Good Times

So this was an entertaining weekend. Started out Friday at Mike's place for a small b-day shindig, followed by Jenn's and then CBTG's to check out a band called the Subtitles. They were pretty damn good; well worth the price. We then headed over to the Trinity Pub since the following band was "worth leaving bars over". It was a late, but not bright-sky late, evening.

I wound up sleeping in till 10:30. That annoys me nowadays. I also had a sore head, which I first thought was undeserved, but then after doing some light addition... Anyways, a couple of cups of coffee later I was fine. I had grand designs to finally tidy up my office, but decided the afternoone would be better spent at Hava Java with Ginny, drinking still more coffee. No regrets, since I was a tidying powerhouse when I got back.

I then took a nap, only to be woken at 10pm by my cousin, wondering why I wasn't at his brother's grad shindig yet. After some quick preparation, I bolted over there. Lots of Rock Band played. And some other game called SingStar, which was a bit like karaoke except with only lousy music selections. A cruel joke, really.

Sunday was also nice. I managed to get a power supply more-or-less completed (all that remains is an enclosure, which I may make out of scrap wood). Electronics projects go a lot more quickly than woodworking projects, because solder dries in seconds (unlike carpenter's glue), and there's no freakin' staining involved.
I guess it was fitting that that was my project du jour, since I had an IEEE lobster boil that evening. God I love seafood. And I also managed to walk away with a shiny new Newfoundland Hydro water bottle as a door prize. Sweet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home