Thursday, March 27, 2008

Put on your Easter bonnet...

...and Easter parka, and Easter snowpants, and Easter scarf...

To say I'm sick of this winter would be an understatement. Waking up day after day to see more... shit... falling... outta the sky. When I water my plants, I can't pour too long cuz eventually I'll run out. Apparently there's a giant aqueduct from off the shore of Cape Hatteras to here. Oh, and a refrigerator, too, cuz it's mostly been snow.

Bitterness aside, it was a pretty good long weekend (hard to be bad when it's the first since New Year's!) Headed to Jessica's parents' place (housesitting) for Good Friday afternoon, where a big ol' feed of fish & chips & beer was had. That night we went to Get Stuffed, where I selected one of the Nine Ways of Salmon. And finished off by hitting a couple of hotel bars.

Saturday involved a bit of dresser construction -- getting more and more parts done. And then in the night was Kes & Ash's going away party at Bitters. The hockey game was a big distraction... and then in the third period, the power went out. Bullshit. The important thing is that the good guys won.

And last night I headed to Richard's place to watch Hitman. The violence pleased me. And it was good company there. I'm glad to know there are more people out there who share my warped sense of humour.

Work's been going well. I've enjoyed having to blow our budget before the fiscal year ends -- a $300 this, a $5000 that, and a whimsical $400 something else. Just like the old Wheel of Fortune, except you can't put the rest into gift certificates. I'm pretty well in coast now, until new parts get in... a good space to be.

Heh. Looks like the snow has stopped (for now). Allelujah!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had to spend out budget too by years end. Every year it's the same mad rush.

Got some new computer upgrades out of it for my work station.

Got lots of new photography to work with.

We had a snow storm out here yesterday. It was nothing like the wallops that you folks get.


~Paul

9:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home