Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's deceptively calm today...

...as we're supposed to be in for a blast tomorrow. The normal gamut of precipitation, which makes for a sloppy mess by the end of it. On the plus side, it should be a snow day tomorrow, which I'll certainly take.

Good times had at R&J's place on Saturday, where a surprise party was thrown for his mother's 60th. Her visibly weak knees indicated success. Lots of food and beer had, and conversations held with a bunch of people I see only a few times a year. The sleep debt accrued the course of last week, plus the hour lost to DST, made for a late rise on Sunday. But it was worth it to still see the sun at 6:45pm.

Once again it's been a month since my last post, so here's another resolution recap:

Cook more/lunches - A bit of a relapse here as far as lunches are concerned -- case in point, I'm heading to Bitter's after this post. But A&W has only claimed my money a couple of times since the last post.

Housework - Certainly no pileups of chores happening, but there are a few major one-off tasks that still need to be done. I think 30 minutes a day isn't enough.

Woodworking - Plant stands are done! And look pretty sharp. On Saturday I picked up enough lumber to fill the car (there's such an easy innuendo about "wood" and "trunk" that I'll let you, the gentle reader, piece it together). Alas, that's only 2/3 a dresser. Enough to keep me busy tomorrow while being snowbound, no doubt.

Electronics lab - Finalized and received my Digikey order. I realize that merely starting the lab is a crummy resolution -- so I've been doing stuff too, including a couple of "proofs of concept". Trying to decide if I want to spring for PCB's for a few projects.

Piano - Going all right, but I've noticed that some of my "older" pieces are getting rusty. So I'll have to break them out more frequently.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does PCB = Programmable Control Boards?

~Paul

4:52 p.m.  
Blogger Dave Green said...

PCB = Printed Circuit Board

...and they're a costly enterprise, unless you're ordering many of them. I might just stick with perfboards (fibreglass with a bunch of holes, solder wires on the back side).

11:32 a.m.  
Blogger Dave Green said...

A hug? Awesome!

5:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home