Monday, January 21, 2008

One month into winter...

So it's been a fairly eventful week. I gave a presentation at work last Wednesday which seemed to go well (at least, there were a lot of questions of interest at the end). I then found out that my workload is going to be increasing soon. Which is good, I guess, since stuff was starting to wind down.

We had our third scotch tasting on Thursday night. And once again, very good times. We have a good idea of what the next two bottles will be, so the tradition should continue. I think that in October, after we've accrued close to a dozen bottles, we should have Scotchtoberfest.

Friday night started off innocuously enough at the Guv'nor for a meal and a couple of pints. Then we got back to my place where we tucked into that surplus liquor I have. Stupid Triple Sec. And Disaronno. We wound up at Kelly's where we belted out some standards. I was on the verge of passing out when I got called to the stage again. Got my fourth wind, and was belting out Steppenwolf when some Good Samaritan informed me that my mic was off... that kind of night.

And then on Saturday, Paul was in town, so we headed to Hefford's (which was a big time blast from the past... hadn't been there in years.) We played Rock Band, which is like Guitar Hero but with more instruments, and as such, more amenable to many players.

Oh, and finally, fuck Queen. I'm sick of hearing bloody Bohemian Rhapsody. It wouldn't be so bad if it were a short ditty. But no... it's the musical equivalent of five-hours-in-the-dentist's-chair. Seems like some yuckler is always requesting it on the radio when I'm in the lab. It's enough to make me want to solder my ears shut.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Real good times, Dave! Rock out!

10:06 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um that was me.

~Paul

10:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home