Thursday, October 25, 2007

Happy Birthday to Blog!

It's come to my attention that this blog is now one year old. I've made 53 posts over the last year, so roughly once a week. That includes the summer where I was grossly negligent and posting once a month. Clearly, this thing is a good way to stave off winter boredom.

I'm going to have an annual highlight reel now, because I'll be too hungover on New Year's Day and the week after.

Woodworking/Carpentry
I managed to build a workbench, piano book rack, bookshelf, coffee table, closet shelf, and shed this year. I discovered that the hardest part is getting started, taking the plunge, and buying all the tools and lumber necessary. I was hoping to have added the endtable and console table I'm now working on to that list, but now I'll have them to add to the next October 25 posting.

Home improvements
I redefined two rooms, installed my bannisters, refinished my dodgy, dodgy bathtub, and got a woodstove and new gutter installed. Also secured a decent supply of firewood for this winter. Still not done are the underfloor insulation and the front Tyvek.

Piano
In spite of having halted lessons, I've learned about a dozen new songs, eight of which I've committed to memory. Most are latin/jazz style, with a few rock-ish ones thrown in there. The dynamics probably still need work, so it'd be nice to have an instructor for that; but, hey, I enjoy playing them.

Wedding after wedding
From October to October, I've attended six weddings. Congratulations once again to:

  1. Richard & Jennifer
  2. Sam & Meg
  3. Paul & Stephanie
  4. Domenica & Jon
  5. Mike & Heather
  6. Jon & Jessica


Back
Got fixed. Thank God.

So I guess it's been a pretty productive year. Somewhere between all this, I've managed to fit in a lot of karaoke and drinking adventures.

On a side note, every now and then I have a night of "This Is Your Life". That happened last night while at Starbucks. In the span of an hour, I ran into two girls I hadn't seen since elementary school, high school librarian, former coworker, and an old friend who moved out west two years ago.

Yikes. A very indulgent post, but then, it is a blog, after all.

2 Comments:

Blogger House said...

Congrats on making one year! (I read this more than a week ago, but was too busy to comment. I still am, technically, but now I'm more interested in procrastinating.)

Who did you run in to from elementary school? I haven't seen many people from those days in quite a while....

1:11 p.m.  
Blogger Tiffa said...

I've tagged you.... check my blog for details :)

7:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home