Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Heavens, the rain

Was forced to get up today at 6:00 because of the rain -- its intensity, coupled with a fierce wind pounding it against my bedroom windows, makes it rather like trying to sleep while going through a carwash. The good thing is that it's kicking the crap out of the surplus snow. Nice mild temperatures -- now there's the global warming we all know and love.

Trivia last week was good -- we flattened the opposition (the host played right into our hands). The weekend was pretty tame, which is good every now and then. Ginny had a crew in for some awesome chili on Saturday night. And I got a few things done in and around the workshop during the daytime. Just a few more edges to stain and I'll have a sidetable for my fireside chair. But I'll wait till next week before I launch into a resolution recap...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home