Monday, April 27, 2009

Lovely weather

Although today is a bit chilly, it marks the fourth day in a row of sun and blue sky. I'll recap the prior three:

Friday
The evening started with me being a bit ambitious and cooking some chicken chasseur for Ginny and myself. I think it turned out all right, but I feel like I should have cooked it maybe another 5 minutes. The only other annoying outcome was cheese-grating my thumb while making the Dauphinese potatoes. Thankfully no blood made it into the meal, and it clotted rather quickly.

Ginny kindly asked me along to a Writing Centre party that night. I knew a couple of people there, and I recognized more simply from being on campus for 12 years. The highlight was the punch. I had seen several months ago what it's capable of doing to other people -- so I decided to try it out. It was very tasty. But as rum was a primary ingredient, it just builds up and hits you all at once. After about my eighth glass, I was reportedly swaying a bit. Midway through, I saw a new batch getting made -- and knew I was in trouble.

Saturday
A bit groggy waking up for sure. But I had to take advantage of the weather, so I ran a few errands downtown. That evening, the French choir had a performance at the Ramada, where Canadian Parents for French was having a banquet. The performance went very well, and I'm very proud of the trio who did their part. The setup was kind of lousy for this performance, though. I ended up having to bring my own keyboard, set it up in the warm-up room for a couple of pieces, and then tear it down and set it up in the banquet room, and then bring the whole works home. Exhausting.

After that, we headed to Mike's, a friend of Rob's. And that was a great evening of standing around and shooting the shit. It was also a fairly late evening, with a turn-in time of about 4:30am.

Sunday
Which certainly makes rising for brunch at 9am a bit difficult. Nevertheless, J&J and myself headed to the Bagel Cafe and then for a stroll around Duckworth and Water. I ran a couple of more errands that afternoon, and then in the evening, Ginny and I headed back to Mike's place for a BBQ. First one of season, in April no less! Chowed down on some steak and potato salad, and then we watched the Howard Stern movie.

It was a pretty full weekend. Now back to reality...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home