Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Long weekends

There really should be more of them. And instead of ending, they shouldn't.

Friday night started with a couple of beers at Bev's, a seedy bar in a bowling alley (redundant, yes). I was rejoicing at the end of a seemingly interminable week. Thence I headed to the house of a friend from first year MUN. Hadn't seen that crew in ages, so it was nice to catch up. Jon & Jessica suggesting we head downtown, so we took off. We stopped by my place and had another belt of absinthe (oh man), whereupon Hanz & Leigh met up with us. I found myself at Peddler's, exhibiting little grace as I danced and consumed rum and coke simultaneously.

Saturday morning was rough, but it was a big day.
  1. Jon and I had made plans to do brunch en route to the Remembrance Day ceremonies. The hangover vanished after a lot of fruit, yogurt, and coffee. It was a nice cool, crisp day for the ceremonies.
  2. I went to check out Steve's new place in Chamberlains. Very nice. He's got a budding zoo with two cats and a dog, so he's drove nuts.
  3. Saw the funniest movie in the world: Borat. If you haven't already, do yourself and favour and see it.
  4. Had a few people in for the first time in ages. Just had to show off the new hearth.
  5. Went to the Georgetown Pub for karaoke. Hilarity ensued. I just love that place so much.

Sunday wasn't nearly as eventful. I had volunteered to help out with a fencing tournament, not realizing that it started at 8:00am, and not realizing that it would take 11 hours. But it was good to see the old fencing crew again. Haven't done it in ages because of my lousy back. Did some 1/2 price apps at East Side Mario's and then slept like a baby.

Monday consisted of a few errands (so rarely do I get to see what the world is like on a weekday when retailers are open) followed by a fine scoff of Indian food at Jon and Jessica's.

And now I'm back at work, waiting for PCB's to show up, hence being able to write a long entry like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home