Friday, December 15, 2006

Of wood heating - pt. 3

Holy crap... there is an entry for every working day this week. Devoted to my job, I am.

So I managed to get a couple of pallets chopped up. It's hard work. Or rather, it's hard work to do it safely with so many other pallets in the room. But I think I got a system now. They throw off good heat, and I don't have to perform rituals to get this stuff to burn. The flame is fantastic too, all billowy and fluid -- one downside of wood heating is the amount of time wasted gawking at the fire.

I also tackled the junk room last night. It must have been breeding while I wasn't looking, because holy shit, there's a lot junk in there. Most of it's just boxes, though. Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to suck down a couple of beers and go at them with a utility knife. My Christmas decorations are in there too, so I may as well have a rum & eggnog and decorate the place while I'm at it. And with enough space cleared out, I can stash the rest of the bed in there. This will allow me to render my den a little tidier, while having a belt of brandy. With any luck, the house will be in decent shape, and I'll be half-cut by the time the crew comes over. God, I love a good battle plan.

There... that's a nice verbose entry to cap off this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home