Monday, December 04, 2006

Loves me free time

Wishes I had more of it. There's been heaps of tutoring lately. Average about 2 hours a weeknight, and 3 on Sundays. It is, for the most part, enjoyable work, but when you get home at 8:30 just exhausted, it doesn't leave much time or energy to get anything done. Can't wait till exams are over -- finished my last course 3 years ago and I'm still saying that.

Anyways, enough with the bellyaching. The free time I had this weekend was mostly rendered as a rip-roaring good time. Friday night was kinda tame, but those are good when getting over a flu. It involved a bit of bowling and TV watching, and I still managed to put away a few drinks.

Saturday night I put away many more drinks, as it was Craig's b-day celebration. Brandy was the order of the night for me, as it's a good cold-weather drink, and I like the subtle way the drunkenness gets a hold of ya. Played some quiz game called Goth which involved questions centred around horror movies, dark music, spooky literature, etc. As I recall, the folklorists did quite well at it (!).

Thence we headed to -- you guessed it -- the Georgetown! Sober Dave said he wasn't singing a thing at Karaoke, but Drunk Dave got up and croaked out a few tunes, including the "crowd pleaser" (?) Roxanne. The old GTP was evidently suited for dancing, as I recall a lot of that going on as well. There's just something about singing, dancing, and mortgaging your dignity doing both that's very therapeutic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home