Thursday, November 23, 2006

More academia, maybe?

I've been doing a fair amount of tutoring lately. Good, because it means a little extra Christmas (drinking) money. Bad, because I've had to mortgage my evenings. But good, because it keeps my mind sharp on those topics.

This will be important, since it looks like the world of academia will have me in its clutches again. Just had a "career development" meeting with my hardware group leader, and I might be taking a digital signal processing course over the winter, compliments of C-CORE. They seem pretty cool about me taking courses towards a Ph.D, and with me taking time off to pursue comprehensives and research.

It'd be sweet if I could eventually arrange part-time work at C-CORE, part-time research and teaching at the university. A few profs are already doing that now. A change in gears, maybe, is in the not-too-distant future.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I ask is that you not be one of the crazy old prof thats hits on all the 17yr olds in the Breezeway.. but of course, you might love that ;)

4:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home