Sunday, November 19, 2006

Look at me! I'm Bacchus!!

So yesterday was the wine show. Sampled some very fine wines, and I find I'm coming to like Chilean wines more and more. There was a lovely Pinot Noir which I ended up buying afterwards.

All right, that's enough pretending to be sophisticated. The main motive was to get drunk, and mission accomplished. After the show, we headed back to my place, and after struggling for a half hour, got a fire lit. I had to "steal" some wood from the guy across the street, and found myself operating a circular saw under the influence. Not my wisest moment.

At 6:00 we headed to Steve and Crystal's baby shower out in Cowan Heights. I would loved to have hung around there longer, but the 4 dogs were wreaking havoc on my asthma. Got some Chinese food afterwards and watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Afterwards, we went to the ol' faithful Georgetown Pub for some karaoke. My voice gave out halfway through my third song, so apologies to those who had to witness the squawking.

Woke up with very little trace of a hangover. Which has left me with an ominous sense of dread... I'm due something horrible now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home