Friday, November 17, 2006

Feng Shui (pt.1)

So I started Operation Room Redefinition last night. I was instantly reminded of how much I hate moving furniture. Especially desks -- you gotta clear them off, and put the junk somewhere. And my computer desk is a pain because you gotta take the hutch off, which involves careful wiggling so as not to break the dowel joints. And where it's kinda deep, it's gotta be disassembled to fit it out the door. I tried that, but I couldn't find my allen keys, so I gave up, had a beer, and went to bed. Mranh.

Now both rooms are in a state. This is kind of good, since now I'll be more motivated to tackle the chore. But it's going to involve a lot of moving stuff to make a space, and then moving it back. Like one of those slidey-number puzzles. And then once it's all moved, I gotta replace all the stuff that was on it. Those who say Feng Shui is supposed to promote harmony, obviously neglect the process in that assessment.

I'm a cantankerous old geezer. Maybe a ton of wine tomorrow at the show will help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home