Monday, December 11, 2006

Of wood heating - pt. 2

I was pretty pleased to have 3 sacks of birch dropped off at my house on Saturday. Just wanted to test out a sampling before getting a truckload.

Now, when they said "seasoned", they must really have meant "soaking wet". Seasoned -- to me -- implies that when added to a fire, it doesn't hiss for an hour and remain largely unscathed after it's out. Oh well... I'll just pile it outside, and it'll be dry enough for next year. I hate naming names, but the company rhymes with Tennessee.

I'll add these guys to the list of habitual liars, along with all those landlords I came across a few years back who claimed their apartments were "above ground". That -- to me -- implies you don't have to go down a flight of stairs from ground level.

Assemble shelves and populate

It doesn't take long to fill out a set of shelves. My little workshop is looking a little neater. And my office is also coming along nicely. A weekend unmolested by tutoring should be enough time to finish those off.

Speaking of which, only 7 hours of tutoring remain. Two tonight, one tomorrow, and four (ugh) on Wednesday. Hello, free evenings...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home