Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Of weekends and oil heat

So my plans to go camping this past weekend sprung a bit of a leak.

Everything thing was all set for Windmill Bight. All we had to do was go to mudder's (who is out of town) to get the tent and allied hardware. In searching for said allied hardware in her basement, I was greeted by about a centimetre of water over the furnace room floor, which had spilled over into the adjacent rooms. As it turned out, the coil in the furnace had developed a pinhole leak, which was causing the pressure relief valve to trip and spill water, everywhere.

So instead of camping, I was shopvac-ing her basement for all of Saturday afternoon and evening. When things got under control, I still got drunk, albeit at a different locale than hoped for.

A blessing in disguise, I guess. I'm glad I discovered the mess then, and not when I got back from camping. Also, I managed to meet up with Steve at CBTG's that night. This is two weekends in a row; I'm hoping it means that he's back in action. I guess the little one is at an age where critical surveillance from the parents is no longer necessary.

In summary: oil heat, while comfortable, is a pain in the chookies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home