Thursday, July 10, 2008

Huzzah for Tax Relief!

Since I bellyache about taxation here, it seems only fair that I should rejoice whenever the trend is reversed.

I got a letter in the mail the other day stating that my insurance premiums have gone down due to the government's lifting of the 15% tax on policies in this province. I heard the news, but wasn't too excited since I get my insurance from Halifax, and I was pretty sure that there would be a FYDC. An FYDC is the "Fuck You Dave Clause" that creeps up often enough that it demands its own acronym.

I also noticed that my last paycheque was a little larger, since the tax cuts that the NL government introduced in the last budget came into effect July 1st.

It's just become $40/month sweeter to live in NL. Thanks, Danny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home