Monday, May 04, 2009

Early night, Late night, Late night

My weekend in a nutshell. Friday I headed down to Christian's with C&A. Just chewed the fat for a couple of hours while the hockey game played in the background. I was back home by 11:00pm, but the combination of the pitcher I drank, plus the walk back home, plus the 5:30am start to the day, made for a very tired Dave.

Saturday I spent money. Lots of it. In response to the blog entry I made a few weeks ago, I did find something to blow $300 on: a Kitchenaid stand mixer. Tis gorgeous. I haven't had the chance to use it yet, though, as the rest of the weekend was pretty full too.

I also bought floor paint with the goal of painting the softwoods upstairs sometime soon. Chips and spots are starting to become noticeable over the past few years of abuse. And I wasn't too keen on the reddish-now-turning-rose-because-of-sunlight colour to begin with. The paint has a fairly short drying time, so I should be able to do sections while quarantining the cat for a few hours at a time. This is going to involve a lot of furniture moving, though... ugh.

That night I had Ginny over for some chicken madras. We headed down to Dooly's for a few games of darts which was a hoot. Ginny kinda freaked me out when she nailed two inner bullseyes in one round (and the third shot was close too). Afterwards we headed to Christian's to exploit the jukebox. The first round of songs made it through all right. Then we waited for hours for the second round of songs, eventually giving up on it as the songs playing during the wait became increasingly aggravating. Got some street meat from a not-all-there vendor and then cabbed it home. George Street nights are great every now and then.

Sunday was slow getting out of the starting blocks. Ran a couple of errands, went out for supper with mudder, and then headed to the Ship to watch the Nancy Drew Burlesque Band's final show. Unfortunately, the 8:00 start became a 9:00 start, and they were the last act, so it was a rather late night. But all of the music was excellent, so no complaints.

I'm good and ready for another weekend now...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ginny said...

I guess I am a bad influence, Dave. A bad influence.

8:32 p.m.  
Blogger Dave Green said...

Here I was, fast-tracking my way into upper-middle management... and then...

10:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home