Monday, January 12, 2009

Dis and dat

I'm glad to have the first week back from Christmas vacation out of the way. Starting to get my groove back at work, and it's a lot easier since I'm back to two projects rather than three (though I have heard through the grapevine that more are coming my way).

My weeks, at least for the rest of the winter, are going to be very front-loaded: French choir on Mondays, and a cooking class on Tuesdays, both of which end at 9:00pm or later, making for long days. But it's all good; both of these things are going well.

The weekend was nice and full. Friday night a bunch of us went bowling, followed by a visit to Steve's Twin Lounge. Blue Star was on sale. I don't really like it that much, but I found myself having about five of them -- the last of which was chugged, leading to momentary nausea.

Saturday I disassembled the entertainment centre and positioned its replacement, which I finished that morning. It looks much better, if I do say so myself. This task took all afternoon -- the old unit held a lot of stuff, and hid most of it quite well, so it had to be moved. It's stashed in my office now, and I need to organize it somehow in the near future.

That night a bunch of us headed to J&J's for a wine tasting party. It went well; sampled some good ones. And then there was the one I brought, which turned out to be horrible. At least one other person agreed with me when I said it had a somewhat coconut finish -- not desirable from something supposed to be made from grapes. And I'm not going to keep it anonymous; its name is Care, a cabernet blend from Spain. The pleasant surprise was this wine from Hungary (whose name escapes me now).

Yesterday afternoon I spent running errands, mostly getting a few things to assist in my organization challenges mentioned above. In the evening a few of us headed to Don Cherry's to take in a football game. The good guys (at least in C&A's eyes, and in the absence of my team being in the playoffs, in mine too) won fairly convincingly.

Woke up to some snow today, but not enough for a snow day. However, it looks like a snow day may become a reality on Wednesday (30+ cm and wind, I hear?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiffa said...

I drank an australian white wine one time that was damn good... I think it was yellowtail... can't quite remember. It nearly killed me though because there as coconut in it... but it did taste good!

8:40 p.m.  
Blogger Dave Green said...

The Yellowtails, at least the reds which I've tried, are decent wines. Not such a white wine fan.

Can't say I have hankerings for wines with coconut in them, though... :)

3:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home