Monday, December 01, 2008

I've had better days...

Ugh. It hasn't been going so well lately. Here's a litany:

  1. I found out that I've been lifted off a project that may have sent me to Egypt for a business trip. As it (hilariously!) turns out, I managed to be stuck on perhaps the most boring part of the whole thing. FTR, I was lifted off because I'm 150% utilized.

  2. Torrential rain on Saturday prohibited some badly needed yardwork before the fall. So bad were these rains that it actually prohibited said work on Sunday, owing to the degree of saturation.

  3. Said rain simply made heading out to run other errands, like Christmas shopping, prohibitively undesirable.

  4. Said rain also illuminated the fact that, in spite of the heaps of time and money spent on my siding job over the summer, my windows still obstinately persist in leaking.

  5. After a conference call today, I found out that I will still be on the above project long enough to meet a crushing deadline (ie, next week). This probably would not have been required if the client told us two months ago what they wanted. Also, I found out that my brain will still be picked on this project for the coming months. In essence, I get most of the responsibility, and none of the benefits.

  6. The timing of all this is great; I have another project that has a milestone to be achieved before Christmas. And there's another project that I've been able to put on the back burner because our sketchy supplier has been slow getting parts to us. Guess which parts are due in at the end of the week?


December 19th is my last day of work before the break. Let the hour-by-hour countdown begin.

Anyways, I had to take some time out to vent. Hopefully there won't be more grouchy entries in the near term. But I can't promise anything.

Oh, and look... it's raining... again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I mentioned that I'm taken a paid leave of absence from work for a year and get to paint pretty pictures?

Enjoy your 150% utilization! (what an awful concept)

~PO

2:16 p.m.  
Blogger Dave Green said...

They better be purty pitchers!

Eh, it's what happens when your skills are in high demand. It's also why I get the salary I do. :P

5:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salary?! I only get paid in celery!

~POK

11:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home