Monday, November 17, 2008

Slow start this week

Having a little difficulty getting myself going this week. I'll say one thing about crushing deadlines: they're good at motivating a person. In their absence, however, sometimes it's hard to get started. Maybe it's because I uncharacteristically skipped breakfast this morning.

It may also be that I spent a lot of time in the workshop over the weekend, and I'm "worked" out. On the upside, I've gotten a lot done -- I've found myself working on three projects concurrently, with a fourth to be added to the mix. It's easier to motivate myself to stain a project after having done something "more fun" in the shop. "More fun" means cutting, dowelling, routing, or anything involving some sharp, dangerous power tool.

The goal is to get these four projects done by Christmas. Given my slow pace so far this year, this goal is indeed lofty. But now that it seems every weekend has at least one shitty-weather day, there's more time spent at it.

The weekend was pretty good. J&J had a party at their place on Friday, which was buckets of fun. It was also a very late affair, with a turn-in time of later than 5am. Saturday was actually a nice day, so I moved some of my firewood into the shed before this latest marathon installment of rain.

Ah, One Fine Morning by Lighthouse is now on the radio. Maybe that'll give me a boost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home