Thursday, November 13, 2008

Long Hours

The last couple of weeks were crazy busy. The meeting in Holland produced a lot of work, which I'm only now really getting around to, since I had another project that was boiling over. I think I've got things under "control" now, but last week almost drove me nuts. Long hours at work, on top of which I had to attend a conference (NECEC) and prepare trivia as I was hosting. Both went well, I thought, except that at trivia there was a drunken British lout who kept bellowing out answers and generally acting like a huge tool.

Needless to say, I was glad when the weekend finally rolled around. I found empathy with Andrea and Ginny at a happy hour held at the bowling alley bar (awesome specials!), as they had had pretty shitty weeks as well. That was pretty well the highlight of this past weekend; the rest was spent doing a bit of workshop stuff, and watching a football game at my cousin's place.

This week has been much more manageable, mostly because of the holiday on Tuesday. Went to the Remembrance Day ceremony with Ginny that morning, and spent the rest of the day in the workshop getting dizzy from stain and turpentine fumes. I hope I didn't get any dain bramage. And last night a bunch of us checked out a hockey game, which was a good bit of fun.

Ah, that's pretty well it for now. Hopefully this coming weekend produces some good drinking stories...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home