Thursday, October 02, 2008

The last few days...

...have really been all over the place. Last week was marred by a resurgence of my back pain, which I thought I had done away with. I can't think of any one thing that would have caused it; it must be an cumulative thing. The important thing is that it now seems to be better.

The weekend was pretty good. We went to see RPW again, this time at the CLB. It was weird being in the presence of so many young'uns, given that I'm used to seeing it in a bar capacity. I've concluded that alcohol definitely augments the experience. The best part was that Dan, who was back in town for the weekend, attended and didn't seem to know what had hit him. Afterwards, we headed to the Grapevine for a nightcap.

Saturday was tame. I had a list of to-do items, none of which were accomplished. I did manage to meet Paul and Stephanie's new son, as they were heading out to Paradise and stopped by my place on the way. Cute kid. Seeing Paul with his son was one of those "God I'm getting old" moments. I shortly thereafter napped for two hours, which really helped the back (yep, getting old indeed). Went to West Side with Ginny and Hanz for some pool in the evening, and then to Trinity Pub where we were all subjected to very loud, very not-good live music. After one drink there, we called it a night.

Sunday was more productive. I reorganized my workshop (now that the back was better). I like this new system. I have two waist-high shelves around the perimeter, so that I can lay stuff on them while working, rather than having it all accumulate on my workbench (which is mostly reserved for electronics). Managed to start and finish the drawer for my wine rack, which was a big bottleneck (oooh... wicked pun) in the project. I also got more lumber at Kent, so I have enough for three more projects now. Unfortunately for me, this stuff doesn't just put itself together...

That evening, Ginny came over and I made some carbonara (which was, uh, very al dente). Had some wine and gave Jenn a pre-surgery phone call (who is out of hospital and doing well, BTW).

Monday I found myself playing piano for a French choir. Yep. A cousin of mine asked if I could do that for a couple of hours every Monday night. The nice thing is that it's a good opportunity to practice speaking French, which is a skill that has really rusted out over the last decade.

That's all for now. This post is totally incorrectly dated, since I just realized that it was in my drafts folder...

1 Comments:

Blogger House said...

Afterwards, we headed to the Grapevine for a nightcap.

Woooooooooooooo!

7:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home