Monday, August 25, 2008

Time flies...

So I thought I was really on the ball with this thing, but before I knew it, two weeks had gotten behind me. August has just flown, after a very slow July. Both were fantastic, though. Here are some of the highlights over the last two weeks:

Gros Morne Trip
Ginny and I headed over to the west coast the weekend before last, and it was an aweseome time. She has produced a very thorough recap on her blog, complete with photos, so I won't bother writing my own -- it'd be redundantly redundant.

Republic Pro Wrestling (RPW)
What a riot. It has to be seen to be believed. And at $8, ya can't go wrong. In the spirit of pirating recaps, see Jenn's entry.

This Weekend
Friday night -- Went bowling for the first time in ages on Friday night. Wound up at Don Cherry's afterwards for a small scoff.

Saturday afternoon -- FINISHED THE SIDING JOB. No more God-awful scaffolding in front of the house.

Saturday night -- A brief primer at my place, and then off to The Dock to check out Chris Kirby and the Marquee. Somehow managed to duck cover. The absence of the $40 I walked in with seems to imply that I had a lot of drinks that night. But it was an excellent show -- good ol' blues rock.

Sunday afternoon -- A birthday party at the Dwyers' place. This was a hoot. By the end a few of them got together and broke out some instruments and played a bunch of songs. It was clearly not the first time they did so...

Sunday night -- Bonfire at Middle Cove. This was the first of the year for me, and it offered me the opportunity to get rid of some of the dirty ol' spruce ends I had left over from last year.

It makes me happy to have a nice, full weekend like that. Here's hoping next weekend can follow suit...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bastiches! We were up at Stephanie's parent's house/cabin that weekend. It's about 15 min drive before the Southern entrance to the park. We could have cooked you up some fine moose burgers.

~West Coast Paul

p.s. two weeks to go to the official spawn-of-paul launch date

3:02 p.m.  
Blogger Dave Green said...

Ah, shit... didn't even cross my mind to give you a shout. I take it the cabin is near Wiltondale, then?

And moose burgers certainly sound better than those $3 patties we picked up at the Red & White.

That's pretty wild, there, dad-to-be. Is it real yet?

4:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, it's not real yet. It's crazy. It's almost here. The child will be 8 years old and all of sudden I'll go "Holy shit I have a kid, where did you come from!?"

The cabin is on Bonne Bay Pig Pond, It's a little bit before Wiltondale.

It's quite close to the Jackladder resturant/store/pub/gasbar.

~Paul

12:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home