Wednesday, August 06, 2008

More catching up...

So I'm still about a month behind. I'll give it all in point form:

Andrew's wedding

My cousin got hitched on July 11th. It was a nice service, and an enjoyable, modest reception. I'm all about any reception that sells Glenfiddich for $3.75. And I'm also all about any reception that's a karaoke dance! It was going well, with a couple of my usuals. I was about ready to ask for Roxanne, since that was the Maid of Honour's name!! How perfect that would have been... had the reception not suddenly shut down at 11:15pm. I got karaoke blue balls. But afterwards, I managed to meet up with the gang who had just come off of (in their words) a "three-ring circus drunk" as a result of the Spiritfest. For once I was the most sobre person in the group... and that's saying something. Kinda wish I coulda made it, but I'd committed to this wedding months before.

Renée's wedding

This was pretty well a high school reunion. It was a lovely service, and pretty fancy reception, wherein Renée and Jerred broke out their mad ballroom dance skills and just served the rest of the room. Found ourselves at Christian's afterwards for many pitchers, and then back to my place for further conversation (and so people could meet the cat). I guess it was 4:45am before everyone cleared out... large ol' night.

BBQ's Galore

I hosted a BBQ two nights later. I think my rum-jerked wings and Gremolad tomatoes were acceptable. Then it was Paul's BBQ in Pouch Cove the night after. And then a week after, Richard and Jennifer held a BBQ complete with beer can chicken. But they were all sooooo good.

Still siding

So I eventually got my permit, after a hilarious anecdote involving the inspector ignoring it. It's almost done now, but has been waylaid by a) the power company taking their time collaring the power lines (so that the scaffold and occupants don't get zapped), and b) the rotten ass weather we've been getting. Can't even prepaint the planks, since that requires a continuum of 16 hours without precipitation -- a pipe dream.

George Street Festival

Ginny and I hit the George Street Festival on Saturday night, and met up with Tim a couple of bars in. Suffice it to say we got our money's worth in cover. The pinnacle of the evening was hitting the Sundance. Been a long time since I've dance like a fool on that floor. We also had bastardized Irish Car Bombs (the Guinness was replaced with whiskey, cuz weren't nearly drunk enough).


Those are most of the major highlights, methinks. It was a very full July. You'll notice that I haven't posted a resolution followup for that month -- which is just as well, since it would have just been a litany of slackness. And with five days to go for my next one, two of them would be redundant.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

A karaoke dance party is part of my dream wedding! But mine would only allow people who are tone deaf to sing...

4:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home