Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Resolution Recap

Ugh... so here goes:

Cook more/lunches I've decided that I hate sandwiches now. So I'm going to have to cook more the night before so that I can bring in leftovers. This has not happened of late, and there's been a lot of money spent on Mrs. Vanelli's lately. On the upside, I rarely cheat on supper. I'd like a little more variety, though.

Housework Ironically, since I got the cat and the associated chores, I've been more on the ball with this. I guess it's a matter of necessity: if I don't scoop litter, there are dreadful consequences. And while I'm at this, some other stuff gets done. And I've been finally getting a bunch of one-off chores done too: finally painting the handrails after agonizing for months over what colour to go with (and the consensus is "white"), and getting out to the dump to get rid of about three years worth of accrued boxes. I guess I can thank the crappy weather keeping me away from outdoors stuff.

Woodworking I took a lengthy break after the dresser. But now that that's a distant memory, I've started up again. I've got the legs done for a wine rack, and other miscellaneous cutting done for other projects. I was cursing a blue streak while finishing the dresser, but now I find it enjoyable again. Must be the clean slate -- I'll have to make an effort not to let projects drag on.

Electronics Oi. Absolutely nothing. I still have to crank out a small enclosure for my power supply. Or I may just break down and get plastic project boxes. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Piano The stalwart resolution. I'm working on about three newer pieces, and starting to commit them to memory. It's a tough job, though, keeping all of the older pieces fresh.

Not too bad, I guess....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home