Friday, September 12, 2008

Things are Heating Up

So work is just heading off the deep end now. I've been working on only one main project for the last couple of years, with the exception of one-month bursts where I'd have an ancillary role on some other project. This has gotten a bit tedious, so I've been lobbying to get on some other projects.

I've now learned to be cautious of what I wish for.

Over the last couple of months I've heard of work coming down the pipeline. This week we've had kickoff meetings for the two other projects I'm slated for, the themes of which have been pretty clear: this fall is going to be insanely busy. So much so that I've had to forfeit being on yet another project, which is a shame because it involved a giant ice crushing machine -- how cool is that?!

The upside is that these projects have travel potential that doesn't involve Conception Bay. It's looking more and more likely that I'll be in Holland for the end of October. And some other opportunities which I don't want to jinx.

The week has been going well besides. The scotch tasting went well, as we managed to recruit a new member. Frisbee, Rock Band, and trivia filled the other evenings. I've got to get back to working on my wine rack, lest it drag out like the last project.

In my defence, I was all ready to work on it Monday night, when I found that my Skil saw was incapable of making perpendicular crosscuts, even with the guide. I discovered that the shoe had bent -- probably from dropping the shaggin' thing on the sidewalk while cutting slabs. After some "coercion" from Mr. Hammer, it's back to normal now...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the way to square things, Dave, beat it with a hammer. Works on people too. All worship the hammer!

Where do you play Rock Band to, and on what type of system?

~Paul

2:18 p.m.  
Blogger Dave Green said...

If there's a problem that can't be solved with a hammer, I don't wanna know about it.

Craig & Andrea have it at their place, on the Xbox 360. Drumming is therapeutic.

2:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home