Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy (belated) 2nd Birthday to Blog!

It's been (slightly more than) two years now, and I still haven't gotten sick of this thing. In the last year I made 38 posts, so a little less frequency than the year before, but I've noticed my posts getting longer.

Let's see... highlight reel. This was nowhere near as productive a year as the year before, but I attribute that to being busier at work (so, more productive in that department, I suppose). But here goes:

Cooking
I've gotten a lot better with this, and have that BBQ course I took over the spring to thank for my newly found love of preparing foodstuffs. Whereas last year, sandwiches, freezer dinners, and GD Mrs. Vanelli's was the norm, I'm more and more bringing leftovers. Whereas last year I was most pleased with my carpentry, cooking has taken over that spot.

Woodworking
That's not to say I've gotten tired of the woodworking. In the last year I made a console table, endtable, two plant stands, and a dresser. Hoping to have my wine rack done soon. So less prolific than last year, but still all right. The dresser was a major undertaking.

Electronics
Finally got an electronics workbench set up in the house. And not much gumption to do anything with it. Still, I did get one project finished (power supply), and have the parts for a couple of more. Maybe when I run out of woodworking projects, I'll have more mojo to get at this stuff.

Piano
I've learned a few more songs, and started playing with this French choir thing in a very token role. I'm hoping this role will be expanded...

Home improvements
Got the Tyvek job done. It hasn't really been adequately tested yet, but so far no complaints. I was hoping to get my shed sided, and now fall is running out. Ugh.

Hmmm... I guess that serves as a resolution recap as well, saving me the trouble of doing that. Ha HA! Two birds, one stone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, there's still time to put siding on your shed. might need to have gloves on though.

GD Mrs. Vanelli's?

~Paul

3:15 p.m.  
Blogger Dave Green said...

Yeah, it's supposed to warm up later the week. Hopefully it'll be nice on Saturday, too, and I can get this done. Ugh.

GD Mrs. Vanelli's = Goddamn Mrs. Vanelli's. I used to get that a lot, at an ever-increasing premium. Thankfully, I had a really shitty experience there a few months back, so the thought of it churns my stomach and I end up doing something cheaper/healthier.

10:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home