Sunday, October 05, 2008

It's good to know doctors

Especially when you're clumsy like I evidently am. I'll get to that in a bit...

It's been a hard few days on my liver. Thursday we hit RPW again at Junctions. Soooo much better there. Some quality heckling to be heard. The highlight, and main reason we went there, was the barbed-wire death match. What of Vince Austin's career now?

Friday night we successfully resurrected our happy hour idea. This week was the GTP, since it's nearby and very affordable. Had a few more drinks at my place, and then Ginny and I made downtown. First to check out her friend's band at CBTG's. They had some balance issues at first, but they got sorted out. Then we headed over to Dooley's to meet up with Tiff and her crew.

Saturday involved my usual plunking down of cash at hardware stores. I was going to side the shed, but it was far too windy to be dealing with Tyvek that day. But I still managed to be productive. I worked on the wine rack for a bit, and then I had some quality axe-time chopping the larger slabs in half, in an attempt to make them dry out more quickly.

You'd think that's where I would sustain an injury. But no. The injury came later that day, while I was chopping potatoes, only to have my hand slip, resulting in eight inches of German steel slicing my left index finger. It wasn't a huge cut, but was still bleeding after a half hour. So I gave Craig a shout and queried his medical expertise. Unfortunately, he was just going into a movie. But it was still quicker for him to see that movie and come over, rather than me going to the ER and waiting for God knows how long.

So it was hilarious -- he shows up with a sack full of medical gear and he stitched me up on my kitchen table. Three stitches, smooth as silk. A well-deserved MD. It was mid-procedure that people started showing up. One of whom is a little squeamish about this stuff, so I can only imagine that must have been a joy to open up the door and be immediately confronted with that scene.

Anyways, we put it behind us and did some good drinking. Then headed to the Georgetown which was a blast. I don't know how much I had to drink when I got there, but it was a four-star hangover this morning...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your hand and back is doing better.

I imagine Craig working on you like the doctor who worked on the joker in the Michael Keaton Batman movie.

~Paul

1:29 p.m.  
Blogger Dave Green said...

Mirror.

MIRROR!

1:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home