Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Loves me long weekends

A belated Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian readers.

It was a pleasant weekend. No late nights, but they were enjoyable nevertheless. Friday we parked ourselves at West Side Charlies, where we (specifically, I) watched a hockey game and had some conversation (Andrea and Ginny doing more of this). We availed of their cheap buckets. This lessened the sting of my team losing in a shootout.

On Saturday I ran some errands, and then had a visit with Jon who had just returned from a hunting trip. Shot the shit for a couple of hours that afternoon. Then over to Ginny's for some mac & cheese (sweet!). Met up with Craig and Andrea afterward, and Craig removed my stitches -- it's good to have another index finger again. Thence we headed to the Peter Easton where we met up with Tim. The idea (at least for me) was to watch the hockey game, but the seating wasn't close to a TV, so it turned out being taken in via updates from bar runs. All good, as my team thumped the opposition.

Sunday I was a powerhouse. Got a lot done on the wine rack, and actually started the sanding and staining process. Also got some more slabs chopped up and started moving the drier ones into the shed. This worked up a healthy appetite for mudder's Thanksgiving dinner, which was awesome. Finished the evening having a few beers and a natter with Ginny. Also tested my slabs again, 1.5 months of drying later. They still hiss a bit, but they burned well. They also burn quickly... a whole log rack only lasted 5 hours or so.

And yesterday I lazed for the most part, except for doing that piano-at-French-choir thingy again. The flu is getting better -- I think -- but it really sucks in the morning. As the day goes on, I feel back to normal. Hopefully it clears up before Wine Fest. Oh, and Holland, which was finally given the green light. Just waiting to hear back from the travel agent before it's made official.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home