Monday, November 24, 2008

Two big nights in one weekend...

...for the first time in ages. I was beginning to think I was getting too old for that. Thankfully I still have a little problem-drinking youth left.

Friday night: After a very hit-the-spot meal and Thundermug at Boston Pizza with Ginny, I met up with Jon at Christian's, where we availed of inexpensive pitchers ("inexpensive" is a rather tall order at Christian's). C&A met up with us there for a couple of hours. We lorded over the jukebox, but it seemed like every song we chose struck a chord with at least one other person in the bar. Afterwards we went to Dooley's for a few games of pool. I guess it was about 2:00am before we called it a night.

Saturday night: Craig's b-day. Of course that's going to be a big night. And it delivered. Lots of Rock Band II played, and we were all in wonder at the very extensive song list it had. With the aid of some wine stolen from Tim, it was a very large night indeed. Cut it off at around 2:45am, and probably would have been sooner if I hadn't rambled about my Happy Adventure story. Blame the wine, folks, it makes me talkative.

Unfortunately, these late nights meant late rises: after 10:30am both mornings. Of course, some of that is attributable to the lack of sleep I got over the last week, owing to the heaps of noisy, driving rain we got in the nighttime. But I got some stuff done. Namely, I caught up on all the housework that had fallen by the wayside as I pushed myself to get that wine rack done last week. Yes, the wine rack is done, and functioning in my kitchen right now. Like my Holland trip, I'll eventually post a pic (maybe).

This morning was a great fall morning. Blue sky, chilly temperatures, and most importantly, no fucking rain. A good start to the week. As is posting a blog entry...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home