Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fall Rain

This fall hasn't been too bad for us, in terms of getting tail ends of hurricanes. But it looks like we're getting our fall rain in one massive installment. It hasn't really stopped since Tuesday night, and is supposed to continue (in varying intensities) until after Saturday. Does wonders for one's mood.

The glue is drying on the wine rack right now. Just have to glue up the other half, which I could have done simultaneously if I weren't so cheap and bought more clamps. Meh. By Friday night, this puppy can and should be ready. Unfortunately, it means finding a spot for the wretched liquor box and its contents. I guess I gotta lug that old thing up two flights of stairs. And I have some cupboard space available above my fridge, so I guess I'll stash the bottles there until I can trick my friends or myself into drinking them.

This project has really dragged on, so I'm looking forward to continuing work on the other ones. I've got a magazine rack and "entertainment centre" (basically a tall coffee table with shelves underneath) well under way. So on Saturday when it is - once again! - piss pouring rain, I'll try to get the rest of the forming done on those.

Methinks work is gonna get busy again soon. I gotta get myself mentally prepared to make a big push until Christmas. This year I'm planning on taking two full weeks off for Christmas, which will work out to only seven vacation days. I'm not going anywhere, and no family is coming in, so I'm looking forward to two weeks of just slacking off at home. I can't remember the last time that happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home