Monday, December 08, 2008

OK, a bit better this week

So last week, which started so poorly, gradually got better as the tasks at hand started getting completed. The most frustrating thing is that one of the key team members has a key portion of work that needs to be completed before I get this thing done. And he's been most vocal about getting it done before Christmas. I'll gladly point this out if any guff comes my way.

Not a lot of sleep to be had last night, owing to another marathon session of wind and driving rain we got. Around 3am, I got fed up with it and had a couple of glasses of wine to knock me out. I found out that this is a very effective strategy. So I'm a bit groggy today, and need a blog entry to get me in "writing mode."

This past Friday was a hoot. A well-deserved finish for last week. We started out at The Cellar, a very upscale restaurant, for our Christmas dinner (we elected to do this rather than a Kris Kringle). After a meal of swordfish and lobster, a few glasses of Chianti, and a belt of scotch, I was feeling on top of the world, if a bit poorer :)

We went to the Grapevine afterwards for a few more drinks, where we met up with Tim and a crew of his friends. Then on to the Martini Bar for some dancing. As the night wore on, my mood got set to "crazy." I was doing something on the dance floor, when Jenn blurted out "What are you doing?!" At that moment I found my myself in the middle of a very bizarre action, and then just had to leave the floor because I was doubled over laughing my ass off at the situation. Shortly after we called it a night.

Saturday was relaxing. Had some quality workshop time. I started on the forming portion of my clock project, and then started the sanding and staining portion of my entertainment centre. It's becoming more necessary that I sell/otherwise-get-rid-of the furniture I'm replacing. Inquire within.

That night I had Craig and Andrea over for a few drinks and a chat -- it's actually been a while since I hosted a simple function like that, so it was quite nice. After they left, Ginny gave me a shout and we hung out for a few hours longer.

And yesterday was just errands. I put a big dent in my Christmas shopping, so that was good. And now I'm just good and ready for another weekend. 268 hours till Christmas vacation... but who's counting?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gravevine. "Whew!"

3:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home