Monday, February 16, 2009

Housebound weekend

It occured to me this morning that apart from the brief coffee with Ginny on Friday night, and trips to Sobey's and Halliday's, I didn't leave the house this weekend.

Saturday involved the usual tackling of chores that pile up during the week. I guess I'm getting more efficient at doing them, or I'm getting up much earlier, since they were all out of the way before noon. That afternoon I spent doing work "homework", which kinda pisses me off. I won't even begin to tell you how awful March is shaping up to be...

That night kinda came out of the blue. Andrea, Ginny, and Hanz came over for a few drinks, and with the aid of wine, scotch, and beer, we pretty well made something out of nothing. A good way to kill off a Valentine's Day.

Sunday I made a brown stock. I've decided I like making stocks. Put them on in the morning, then strain them in the evening. And by the end of it the whole house smells delicious. I also finally finished off my power supply, and put it in an enclosure. Looks sharp now, and allows me to do more hobby electronics-y stuff. Heh. I've also been considering removing the desk -- which serves no real purpose other than that of "junk-collecting surface" and making a wall-mounted cabinet with a flip down working surface. This way, my electronics stuff doesn't get coated in sawdust, and I should have a few more square feet of workshop floor. Woo!

Next weekend I'm hoping not to have to take my work home with me, and I'm looking forward to spending just a bit more time outside of the house...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home