Thursday, February 05, 2009

Quick trip

So my first visit to Western Canada was successful. We flew out Monday morning, and arrived in Calgary shortly after noon. We were staying at a hotel in Brooks, about two hours east of Calgary. The next morning, we had our meeting in Suffield, which is about an hour away from Brooks. Meeting lasted 6 hours, then drove back to Calgary and caught the red-eye back home. So, all told, about 23 hours of transit for a 6 hour meeting. Wild. But it was a good break from the grind. It's already Thursday :)

The meeting was productive, and it was helpful to see the facility the client has. They also seem fairly hands-off, which I fancy in a client. I also managed to meet up with Joe after getting back from the meeting and before my flight. We went to some Irish bar for a few pints a catchup. Said pints made sleeping on the plane easier, too.

In other news, I got my grandfather clock done last weekend! I think it turned out all right. I also think I'll take a break from woodworking, as this would mark three projects being completed in about three months. Maybe I'll even clean up the ol' workshop. Right now it's carpeted in sawdust. Blugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home