Friday, May 15, 2009

It's been a little while

Work was really busy the past couple of weeks, as we had to prepare for a lit review meeting yesterday. It went well, so now I'm back to a more relaxed state. Today we'll probably be connecting some power amps and maybe doing some radiating. Woo!

I finally used my Kitchenaid. I've noticed that cheesecakes pretty well make themselves with such a tool. I'll try it with pasta dough sometime soon, maybe over the weekend. So far, though, it's lived up to its billing. Also kitchen related, I did a mad fridge purge the other night. The vegetable drawer is now 99% less dodgy. And there's a lot more space. The only clutter in there now is an abundance of beer -- I'll try to take care of that "problem" this weekend

On a somewhat sadder note, I found out last week that my cat has a tumour. They know very little about its nature, other than it's inoperable and is next to her lungs and heart. They wanted to put her down on the spot, but she's still very active (try keeping up with her at 10:00pm), and Lord knows she still has an appetite. Apart from the odd wheeze, you'd never know there was anything wrong with her. So I'll take it a day at a time. I've been trying to dismiss it as little more than a heads-up.

Anyways, enough of that. The weather lately has been fantastic. We actually cracked 20°C for the first time this year. Today it's hella windy, but still sunny and warm. And it's actually not supposed to be shitty over the weekend. I might be able to get a few things done in the yard (gadzooks!)

On that subject, I'll going to make a list of things to get done before the fall. I don't hold a lot of hope in getting all of them done, but I won't get any done if I don't at least identify them:

  1. Tar paper shed roof
  2. Side shed
  3. Make new shed door
  4. Clean up back yard, for fuck's sakes
  5. Install new back door
  6. Replace shitty window in workshop
  7. Dig out under house, put down vapour barrier & insulate (or least as much as possible)
  8. Paint floors
  9. Secure more firewood
  10. Examine what the fuck is up with my front windows, and come up with yet another expensive, time-consuming leakproofing scheme that will undoubtedly be fruitless, because it seems like this goddamn problem will follow me to the grave

Yep, this summer will be buckets of fun. Any volunteers? :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiffa said...

Sorry to hear about your cat :(

12:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home