Thursday, January 18, 2007

Holy fucking cold, Batman

It's been freakishly cold out the past few days. It's now -17°C with a wind chill of -30. It's nice to have a wood stove to huddle around on days like this. Had a piece of 2x4 which was warped beyond repair, which I turned into 3 hours of comfort.

The cold front is supposed to bugger off by Saturday, at which point we'll get a bucketload of rain. From one inclement weather condition to another. Right about now, I'm craving a nice, cloudy, -1°C day.

Oh, and an amusing anecdote. Last winter, I taught an electromagnetics course at the university. At which time, I ordered a "desk copy" of the textbook I was using for the course (profs get it free if they prescribe the book). Got it... yesterday. One year later. And the best part: not even the right book. Wrong authors and edition. Way to go, Prentice Hall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home