Tuesday, March 03, 2009

TCB

Which, of course, was the number one hit of BTO, Canada's answer to ELP.

As the end of the fiscal year approaches, things get absolutely nuts at work. I've got a final report to crank out in the next couple of weeks, on top of a literature review for another project I'm working on. But I think I've found my writing groove (at least for now), and this shit is getting done. What helps is the fact that the other stressful project is on hiatus for the time being.

Also helpful is full weekends which adequately recharge myself. Friday night was Andrea's b-day celebration. We first headed out for snowshoeing -- which, incidentally, was riddled with coordination problems originating from an inept Parks & Rec employee. But it was a great night for it: not too chilly, clear sky, and miles of snowy trail to tread upon. Afterwards we headed to Jenn's place for some cake (compliments of Ginny) and wine (compliments of Masi). The conversation was flowing that night, and of course, included some highly inappropriate humour.

I had to avail of the great weather we got on Saturday, so I headed out to the Bagel Cafe with Ginny, and then out for some downtown strolling with Milley. That night was Leigh & Sheldon's housewarming, as well as Sheldon's birthday party. Their new place is gorgeous: recently renovated, and located in a mature area of town. Some people got very hammered, and for once, I was not among them. Add a bit of Guitar Hero, and it made for very good times indeed.

Yesterday I finally submitted all of my P. Eng. application material. Now it's just a matter of waiting for my referees to get back to the association and then the council's decision. I just realized that I didn't have a "midterm interview" (I tried twice, but both times they cancelled on me). I'm hoping this doesn't become a sticky wicket.

Also, I found out on Friday night that I'm likely to be published! Just a few more minor edits to do (as opposed to the more weighty objections the editors gave me several months ago). This should help if I ever decide to pursue a Ph. D. Can't say the process has made me decide one way or another.

Anyways, back at it. A blog entry breaks up the monotony of a technical report.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Congrats on the (most likely) publishing!

Don't stress about the interview...I didn't even register as an EIT and had no trouble with the process.

3:32 p.m.  
Blogger Dave Green said...

Thanks!

Good to hear. I only registered as an EIT to get a good deal on house insurance. PEGNL dues were actually less than the difference between quotes. The company is TD Meloche Monnex, FYI. They didn't even increase my rate when I put in a wood stove!

Also glad you're among the blogging. I'll have to include a link...

9:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home