Monday, March 09, 2009

Wow, that's really thin coffee

Someone clearly dropped the ball on the scoops of coffee to water ratio. It's basically brown water. I hope the week can recover from this setback ;)

It was another good weekend, in spite of circumstances. We were supposed to check out a Fleetwood Mac tribute show on Friday, but it ended up getting postponed because the first show two weeks ago recorded a ridiculous loss. Oops. But the night was salvaged. Ginny, Tim, Tim's friend Stephanie, and myself headed to Christian's, then to O'Reilly's to see some Fergus O'Byrne, and then to the Duke. I like mini-crawl nights. They're a bit costly, but that doesn't matter if the conversation and company are good. And both were that night.

Saturday started out a little tamer. I had hoped to get some workshop time in -- I haven't touched a thing for about a month now -- but I ended up just being very domestic. Tidied a bit, and made a stock, so it wasn't a complete wash of a day. Then Ginny gave me a shout and we wound up at CBTG's to check out her friend's band. George Street two nights in a row. It's been a while since that's happened.

And yesterday was nice weatherwise, so I had to go out for a stroll around downtown. Eventually the wind got on my nerves and I retreated back to the house. Then headed out to watch a rare early Sunday evening hockey game with Craig at the Duke.

So all told, a pretty full weekend, and none of it planned. Love it. This week, however, just like the other remaining weeks in March, are going to be nuts at work. With any luck, they won't impact upon my weekends, since there are a lot of grand designs in the works: Paddy's Day party, a couple of birthday parties, and then Beer Fest. Hopefully my mind -- and liver -- will be up for all of it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home