Monday, June 01, 2009

Recap

So the past week was busy as predicted with the French choir. We had about 5 hours of practice the past week, over Monday and Wednesday nights. Then Thursday was show time. They did a wonderful job -- we've really got some talented singers in this group. We had a fairly large audience this time, and I think it was very well received. Afterwards they surprised me with a card and a gift, which was very touching. *blushing here*

Tuesday night I helped Mike out with some EE stuff, and then headed to the Keg and Shamrock City for Jon and Lynn's PhD convocation -- congrats to both! It was shaping up to be a late night, but I had to duck out at 11:00 or so, what with work the next day and being exhausted and all.

By the time Friday rolled around I was pretty zonked, but Laura was kind enough to host a last-minute BBQ at her place. Myself and Ginny went up there to meet up with her, Blair, and Neil. Good food, drinks, and company. At around 11:30 we called it a night.

Saturday mostly involved cleaning up the frigging mess that accumulated during the week. I think I did about three loads of dishes that day. Between the indoor cleanup, and the shitty day outside, I was unable to do any yardwork. That evening we had a potluck at Jenn's place, where lots of great food was had.

Sunday I hardly did anything, and it was great. I went out to hit some shops for a mirror for my living room. The last destination was Kent, and still couldn't find anything with the right ratio of appearance-to-cost. I was about to pick up a few wall shelves there, as I had been looking for a bathroom shelf, a shelf for under the kitchen mirror, and a mantle-type shelf for above the woodstove. But I realized that I could probably make these shelves for much, much cheaper. In addition, I could then make a frame for a bare mirror and stain it the same colour as the mantle. We'll have to see how it goes; I'd want a darker stain for both, and dark stains are supposed to be difficult to apply to pine.

Seems like I just made more work for myself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home