Monday, June 15, 2009

Full, profitable weekend...

On Friday, Leigh and Sheldon booked a table at Don Cherry's to check out the game. And what a game! Congrats to Pittsburgh, even though I thought for sure Detroit would win. Even outside of the game, the night went very well -- good conversation, lotsa drinks. And then I went to get up to leave -- and suddenly the two pitchers I drank hit me like a ton of bricks. I don't remember paying the bill, nor the car ride home, nor anything -- until I woke up Saturday morning at 7:30 on my couch with the TV on and a pounding headache.

I suffered through it, and by 1:00 I was best kind again. Which is good, because I agreed to tutor Richard's cousin in Physics that afternoon. And they paid me for it -- sweet! That night I spent just painting some more of my floors (this project will take a while to complete) and more general housework. Myself and Geoff and his crew were supposed to have a karaoke night, but that got nixed. Fine by me; I don't think my noggin could have taken another thrashing that night. Instead I headed to bed early.

And consequently, got up early. I participated in the neighbourhood cleanup at 10, and in so doing, took advantage of the truck they had rented and dumped about 4 bags of garbage out of my yard. The sad thing is that it barely made a dent in the amount of work I have to do... ugh. That afternoon was more tutoring, and more painting. Then some supper and a coffee with Ginny to close out the weekend.

So it was a balanced weekend: drinking night, quiet night, house chores, tutoring, volunteer work. I'm ready for another one now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home