Monday, August 31, 2009

I'll not have a two month bubble

It's bad enough that I didn't get a post in for July. Now August is on the threshhold of expiration, so I figured I'd give a brief recap of the last, er, 2.5 months. It'll be mostly bullet points.


St. Pierre trip

I'm going to blame my blogging hiatus on this. I took a bunch of pictures, and was going to post a big ol' blurb about this trip... but it just never happened. Oops. I'll try to do it later. Suffice it to say, it was an entertaining trip involving, um, interesting bar cretins, haphazard restaurant hours, and an extension due to the ferry being marooned by wind.

Spirit Fest

I had missed the past few Spirit Fests, so it was good to do this one. It was a blast of an evening, particularly after the show. We headed to the Republic, and then to Lottie's where we came up with very questionable dance moves. I've decided that I like Spirit Fest least of the three NLC events -- mostly because it's a magnet for 20-year old douchebags who like to dress up in pin stripe suits, white fedoras, white belts, and white shoes. Oooh... I get it, you're some kind of high roller, right? Dolts. It got obnoxious before long.

Vacation

I had a bunch of vacation days built up over the past few years, and now they need to be used before the end of March. So I took all of July off. One would think that I'd easily be able to catch up on blogging then, eh? But no. It was very relaxing and I got a bunch of things done around the house.

Three Dog Night

Jon, Jess, and I decided to head out to Bishop Falls to see Three Dog Night. Jon's folks live in Grand Falls, so we had a free place to crash. What a time. The concert quickly disintegrated into a drunk horror show, involving retarded dancing, random pictures with strangers, and yelling along to songs. Jeremiah was indeed a bullfrog.

Buddy System

Myself and Ginny now have gym memberships, and have taken to going first thing in the morning. It's been working pretty well. Well, she's been in Houston lately, so the system has temporarily been suspended, also coupled with the fact that I have...

Renewed back pain

So I'm back to the physiotherapist. The sessions certainly work, it's just that it takes a while for recovery. I've been doing the exercises fairly regularly, and noticing a mitigation of the pain. This has been a bit of a problem since the winter, but over the last month it really came to a point. I don't think digging in my crawlspace really helped matters, so I'm going to have to cut that short and just vapour barrier what I can.

Brother and family visit

Geoff, Katherine, Timothy, and Douglas visited the rock for about a week. It was great to see them again. The nephews are growing like weeds, and still full of energy. I had them all over for a BBQ which seemed to be a bit of a hit, particularly the Madagascar Bananas. The highlight was when Geoff told Tim, "Your Uncle Dave made that grandfather clock," to which he replied "Why?"

Work

Work's going pretty well (though the sitting does aggravate the back pain). I've been busy with this military contract, which I still find intriguing in spite of the absence of results we're looking for. But that in itself is a result -- just a very anticlimactic one.

Travel

I booked a ticket to Tokyo for the first of October, to visit my sister. She's been hinting that she may not be there for much longer, so I figured I'd visit while I have a place to stay. Should be a hoot. We're also talking about flying to Busan some weekend, since she can get us a very cheap fare.


I'm going to recap my summer chores list in a few weeks, to try and summarize how successful I've been. I'm giving myself a few weeks to make myself more successful ;) I will say that #10 was taken care of -- I did indeed come up with another unsuccessful scheme to stop my window leaks. :P The good news there is that I have another plan -- I'm going to leave it at that John Kerry-esque ambiguity until I attempt it. Which will hopefully be soon.

I'm quite likely to have forgotten some other highlights, but I've typed enough for this morning. Ta.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What window leaks? How about that moisture barrier in the crawlspace?

You build a grandfather clock!?!

~Paul

11:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home